Let talk about booking flights!
- In general, large airline carriers have sales in January and September. Smaller, cheaper airlines have sales randomly year round.
- If you’re looking for a flight deal, it’s best if you’re flexible. If you travel during popular peak periods (like school breaks or popular holidays) there is no point waiting for a deal, you won’t get one.
- Sign up for email alerts from sites, some like http://www.justfly.com will alert you when the fare for your specific route is lower.
- If you are traveling far, maybe going overseas, you can often save money by taking a short flight to a larger airport. For example, I live in Kansas City. Instead of flying straight to Paris from KC, I saved hundreds of dollars by taking a cheap flight to Chicago (a larger international airport) and flying to Paris from there.
- For overseas trips, travel between mid April and June to get the best prices. Avoid peak times which are July – August and December – January.
- If you just happen to love travel like I do and don’t care where you’re headed when you have free time, subscribe to a site like http://www.travelzoo.com that will tell you current flight deals from your home. Pick a place and go!
Hope these help!